The future of private tuition is here.
This is Tutoring Reimagined.
Sophia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment.
Safer recruitment practice and rigorous pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any tutor is confirmed on the App. All Sophia Tutors are subject to verified reference checks and must hold a valid enhanced DBS certificate.
Through our partners at Tapoly, tutors are covered by £1 million Professional Indemnity and £2 million Public Liability Insurance Cover for all tuition sessions booked via the Sophia mobile app.
For information about tutor safety please click here.
A few clicks of a button and you are on your way!
Sophia enables you to be in control of where you want to work and how far you wish to travel.
Set your availability. Start to get bookings. It’s that simple.
Sophia is your PA when it comes to running your own private tuition business.
Melissa drives Sophia's vision, growth and strategic leadership at Sophia. A mom of 3, her tuition expertise as a tutor on the Sophia app is focused on Geography and the wider humanities after 16 years in the Independent School sector as Headteacher, Education Director and Advisor.firstname.lastname@example.org
Becoming a Tutor on Sophia is quick and easy!
1. Register via www.Sophia.app or Download the App (Google Play or App Store).
2. Create your profile. Upload your identity documents and qualification information We will then review your profile and our education team will aim to follow up on your application within 48 business hours.
3. Selected tutors will be invited to meet us face-to-face at an on boarding session at our Head Office.
During on boarding, we will show you how to set your availability, review your schedule, complete session feedback and generally Be your own Boss on the App.
4. Once your Identity documents have been verified, including your DBS and references, your profile is activated.
5. Parents will be able to view your profile, confirm you for a booking and we will send you all of the information you need to know for your session, all via your phone. Payment is done via the app too - which is why we ask for your bank account details before you can be a verified tutor.
You can view details on our Tier system here.
Our parents pay tutors based on their level of experience and qualifications. Tutors are allocated a Sophia tier and paid as follows
Yes, we understand that not everyone has experience. As long as you have a passion for education, an excellent academic record, good communication skills, and have a high understanding of the subject matter, you are a candidate.
Using Stripe, you will receive instant payment from parents following the end of your tuition session. It's quick, safe and simple. Tutors need to register their details with Stripe and are responsible for connecting their bank information to the Admin Portal / Stripe to receive their earning from parents.
No DBS? No problem. Sophia is here to help. Get in touch with us email@example.com and we can help you with your application.
As Sophia, we take safeguarding seriously.
We want everyone who uses Sophia to feel safe and secure which is why we have a number of features and procedures in place to help you feel safe:
On Boarding Checks for Parents
* Our education team contacts all of our registered parents to find out more information about their children and areas of educational support they require.
* We require a OTP validation from parents to ensure they have UK mobile at Registration.
* To use Sophia, we require a valid Payment card.
* Sophia’s payment portal with Stripe collects and verifies bank details and the registered residential address.
* Sophia checks you in and out of every tuition session so the App knows where you are working.
1-1 Block gives our tutors the power to easily prevent clients from booking you - whether it’s because you can’t face climbing staircase, don’t like the dog, or you’d simply prefer not to see them again.
Requests need to be made by contacting Sophia directly to enable this service.
We have partnered with SkyGuard to offer our Tutors peace of mind through the SkyGuard Smartphone application. Skyguard is a service that connects lone workers to a central team in the event of an emergency. Sophia Tutors receive a special discounted price on the annual subscription price.
For more information regarding SkyGuard click here.
Tutors can contact SkyGuard directly at 0845 0360 999 for more information
If a client acts inappropriately towards you, or makes you feel uncomfortable, tell us. After reviewing the situation, we’ll make the call whether we place them on our Blacklist or not - which means they’ll no longer be able to book on our platform.
We are currently operating in London areas. However, due to exeptional demand, we are delighted to annouce that we will soon be expanding to cover the Oxford and Cambridge areas. If you are looking to tutor in these areas, register with Sophia now.